Joining the BIP Program
By becoming a PEER BIP member, you will have opportunities to influence and participate in our research programs, interact with PEER faculty and students, and gain early access to our findings. We have a tiered membership program, to fit every firm’s interests and budget: (a) a standard membership; and (b) an enhanced membership where you will be a member of PEER’s Industry Advisory Board.
Member benefits for both levels are listed below. If you are interested in becoming a BIP member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member (and above) - $1,500 per year
- Regular BIP member “brown bag” webinars. These will be broadcast live to employees of BIP firms. Presentations will be recorded and available for your staff for viewing or review at a later time.
- Copies of all PEER publications, including research reports, as they are published.
- Link to your firm’s website on the PEER website.
- Invitations to workshops, short courses, technology transfer meetings, technical webinars, and training sessions for products developed by PEER, including preferential access and reduced registration fees.
- Invitation to participate in “BIP only” activities at PEER Annual Meetings.
Industry Advisory Board Member - $5,000 per year
- Invitation to join PEER’s Industry Advisory Board (IAB). IAB meetings will be held to discuss current projects, help plan new projects, and provide feedback on PEER’s research programs and priorities. In particular, our next meeting will be to help identify specifics of the tools to be included in the new update of the PEER Ground Motion Database. Such IAB meetings provide you with an opportunity to have a more direct influence over tools that will be of daily benefit to you and your firm.
- Preferential opportunities for your staff to participate in PEER research projects as members of the research team or as valued project advisors. Additionally, IAB members will be invited to attend research coordination meetings as desired.
- Opportunity to host one of the BIP “brown bag” webinars from your office, which will give your staff the chance to ask a PEER faculty member questions in person at your office.
- Reasonable access to PEER’s experts to ask questions about the use and details of PEER’s research products including the OpenSees software platform, PEER Ground Motion Database, etc.
- Preferential access to undergraduate and graduate PEER students at PEER core and affiliated institutions.
- The right to propose and sponsor research projects.
If you are interested in becoming a BIP member, please email email@example.com.