ASCE 2009 Structures Congress
Join the Structural Engineering Institute for the 2009 Structures Congress, April 30 - May 2, 2009 in Austin, Texas.
Early Bird Registration Now Open! Register Now.
Earn up to 26 PDHs by attending technical sessions and pre-Congress technical seminars.
The Structures Congress 2009 focuses on the theme: "Don't Mess with Structural Engineers ? Expanding our Role." The Congress will demonstrate what is redefining structural engineering in the areas of bridges and transportation structures, buildings, and advances in research. You will exchange ideas with your peers and find out how their companies have adapted to changes in today's global economy.
Find the program that is right for you:
- – Pre-Congress Technical Seminars
- – LRFD of Highway Bridges
- – Design of Wood Frame Buildings
- – Forensic Practice Workshop
- – Engineering Ethics Seminar
- – ASCE's Standard for Blast Protection of Buildings
- – Sustainable Structures
- – Wind Load Criteria of ASCE 7-2010
- – Design and Construction of Storm Shelters
- – Special Session: Civil Engineering Education Reform
- – 10 Concurrent Technical Sessions
- – The First International Symposium on Disproportionate Collapse
- – Concrete and Masonry Structures
- – Codes and Standards
- – Bridge and Transportation Structures
- – Multi-Hazard Designs
- – Business and Professional Practice
- – Non-Building and Special Structures
- – Special Session with Santiago Calatrava: Construction for the 21st Century.
Santiago Calatrava, internationally renowned architect and engineer, will discuss his vision for construction in the 21st century.