The conference rooms will be equipped with a laptop that has Microsoft PowerPoint installed and a projector. All presenters are expected to bring their presentation on a portable USB drive and give it to the session moderator 30 minutes prior to their session so that it can be loaded onto presentation laptop.
Student Poster Presenters
All accepted student posters will be displayed during the PEER poster session on the evening of Friday September 30. The posters will be displayed in the Boiler Room at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza.
The following templates should be used by PEER-Funded students:
Download the Poster Template for PEER-Funded Research Projects (PowerPoint file – 2.1 MB) – updated Sept 19, 2011
Download the Poster Template for PEER Summer Undergraduate Interns (PowerPoint file – 3.1 MB) – updated Sept 19, 2011
Poster presenters should bring their own pre-printed poster to the meeting. The posters will be displayed on easels with foam-core boards upon which presenters can clip or pin their posters. Pushpins and clips will be available at the meeting. The foam core board backing will be 30″ wide X 40″ tall (75 cm X 100 cm) so posters should not exceed these dimensions. Using those dimensions as a guideline, posters should be organized as follows:
(1) Header – Include all of the following information on the poster header:
- Project Title
- PEER program for which research was completed.
- Names and affiliations of all project principal investigators
- Names and affiliation of all student investigators
- Names of additional funding agencies as appropriate
- Laboratory name, university where the research was conducted
(2) PEER Footer:
- Insert the 30″ x 4″ footer into the bottom of your poster (as shown in the poster template)
- Download the Poster Template for PEER-Funded Research Projects (PowerPoint file – 2.1 MB) – updated Sept 19, 2011
- Download the updated footer graphic! (JPEG – 2.1 MB) – updated Sept 19, 2011
- Download the Poster Template for PEER Summer Undergraduate Interns (PowerPoint file – 3.1 MB) – updated Sept 19, 2011
- Download the updated footer graphic for PEER Summer Interns! (JPEG – 3.1 MB) – updated Sept 19, 2011
(3) Other Requirements:
- There will not be room for supplemental display devices such as computers or projectors, so please plan your poster accordingly. Poster presenters are welcome to provide handouts or business cards to visitors, however there will not be tables for you to place them, so plan on passing them by hand to interested visitors during the poster session.
- Posters can be printed in color, but it is not required. However, all posters must be two-dimensional, with no “pop-outs”, three-dimensional elements, or electronic construction.
- Use only one side of the poster and do not extend any portion of the design or display beyond the 30″ x 40″ board.
- Please do not frame or set in glass or plastic.
- The main body of the poster should include at least an Introduction and Conclusions. Possible sections between the Introduction and Conclusions include Background, Methods, Results, etc.
- Graphics are always preferred to lengthy text. On the other hand, some brief text, readable from a distance, can be useful to describe the graphics.
- For some ideas on poster design and layout, visit:
Hotel Accommodations for Poster Presenters:
Accommodations (room and taxes only) for selected students who have been notified by PEER will be paid by PEER for the nights of Thursday September 29, Friday September 30, and Saturday October 1. PEER will make the reservation on behalf of the students and directly pay the hotel at the completion their stay. As is customary from previous PEER Annual Meetings, students will be required to share room. All attendees are responsible for their own incidental room charges such as telephone, room service, movies or other miscellaneous items. Upon check-in, you will be asked to provide a credit card to cover these incidental expenses. Questions? Contact Heidi Faison at firstname.lastname@example.org