The nees@berkeley Equipment Site is pleased to announce that its annual Hybrid Simulation Workshop will be held on June 28 – 29, 2012. The workshop will be held at the nees@berkeley laboratory located at UC Berkeley's Richmond Field Station (RFS).
This year's Hybrid Simulation Workshop emphasizes real-time loading, including demonstrations of our new “smart” dynamic platform. Attendees will:
- Learn the basics of hybrid simulation methods.
- Learn about OpenSees and OpenFresco.
- Conduct several real-time hybrid simulation demonstrations at the nees@berkeley Equipment Site.
- Be able to use hybrid simulation in their NEES and non-NEES projects.
- Prepare to develop new hybrid simulation tests and algorithms.
- Learn about pros and cons (accuracy, limits, ease of use, field applications in damage assessment) of modern non-conventional monitoring and measuring techniques.
The registration deadline is June 15. This workshop is offered at no cost to participants.
Limited travel support is available for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, or tenure-track faculty at US schools. Please register and apply for travel support using the online registration form at the 2012 Hybrid Simulation Workshop web page.