The next seminar in the web-based Discovering OpenSees: Surfing the waves of OpenSees learning series will occur on August 20 at 9:00 am & 5:00 pm Pacific Time. The session will be broadcast twice to allow users in all time zones around the world to participate. This 1-hour session is titled “Introduction to OpenFrescoExpress.”
OpenFrescoExpress is a self-contained software package, including an easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI), which facilitates hybrid testing of systems having up to two degrees of freedom. OpenFrescoExpress addresses the needs of a wide range of users including:
- - laboratory staff and research students learning about hybrid simulation and starting to use this experimental testing method.
- – staff and students at laboratories that regularly use hybrid simulation but desire a tool for quick demonstration of the hybrid simulation testing method.
- – researchers who are conducting simple tests and would like to take advantage of a graphical user interface that quickly and easily displays useful real-time test data.
- – graduate students and researchers who are not at a laboratory but wish to run the software as a pure simulation tool to learn more about hybrid simulation and how it works.
The seminar will provide an introduction to the hybrid simulation testing technique and illustrate how OpenFrescoExpress can be used to graphically setup a hybrid model and execute a hybrid simulation. The following topics will be covered:
- – Introduction to hybrid simulation
- – Downloading and installing OpenFrescoExpress
- – Example 1: building your first hybrid model
- – Simulated versus real controllers
- – Error monitors: assessing the goodness of a test
- – Example 2: two-story building
- – Resources for more complicated hybrid tests
- – Summary and conclusions
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the meeting. More information will be posted at the Discovering OpenSees Wiki page.
After the seminar, please complete the short evaluation form to give OpenSees feedback and to suggest future seminar topics.
Past Discovering OpenSees Seminars – how to find past seminar recordings
For more information about the Discovering OpenSees Series including previous presentation slides, video recordings, and topics, visit the Discovering OpenSees Wiki page.
For more information about OpenSees, visit: http://opensees.berkeley.edu/