Validus Research has announced an internship opportunity for a structural analyst at its New York City office.
As a short-term team member of Validus Research, the intern would be responsible for analyzing the structural response of different types of structures under varied earthquake ground motion excitation to help evaluate the vulnerability of earthquake risks and other natural perils and/or man-made disasters. Validus Research is a subsidiary of Validus Group (NYSE: VR), a Bermuda-based insurance and reinsurance company.
• Model various types of structures
• Prepare ground motion inputs
• Perform structural analysis via OpenSees or other structural analysis packages
• Assist team members as required
• A student in MS or Ph.D. course in civil engineering major focusing on structural analysis
• Good knowledge on earthquake hazard
• Experience with OpenSees or other structural analysis packages
• Good communicator
• Knowledge on catastrophe modeling
• Programming skills in any computer languages
Applicants should contact:
Chief Analytics Officer, Validus Research