The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Project Seismologist/Engineer for immediate employment in the Los Angeles office.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate a suitable education and preferably some experience in engineering seismology or geotechnical earthquake engineering. The incumbent can look forward to projects including seismic hazard analysis for critical facilities in various regions of the world.
- • Analyzes and develops earthquake source/ earthquake forecast models
- • Analyzes and develops ground motion prediction equations
- • Performs strong motion simulations
- • Performs analyses of nonlinear soil response
- • Performs scenario and probabilistic seismic hazard calculations
- • Develops ground motion time histories to represent design response spectra
- • Performs research into earthquake source and seismic wave propagation characteristics
- • This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of URS Corporation.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world.