This summer, the PEER Internship Program will provide a unique opportunity for seven outstanding undergraduate students from the Universidad del Norte (UNINORTE) and American University of Beirut to participate in state-of-the-art research.
Internship participants are paired with a faculty advisor and a graduate student mentor. Students will learn how to conduct independent research and will get the opportunity to participate as a member of a research team.
Some of the projects the interns will participate in this summer include:
• Implementation of Hybrid Simulation with Online Modeling Updating
• Analytical Investigation of the Effect of Time Delay on Real-Time Hybrid Simulation
• Development of a Hydraulic Power Conversion Chain for Ocean Wave Energy Conversion
• Performance-based Evaluation of Infill Wall Effects on Code-designed Reinforced Concrete Frames
• Performance-based Earthquake Engineering Methodology for Informed Decision-Making on Highway Bridge Design and Retrofit