May 13, 2008 - University of California, Berkeley
With support from the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and the US Geological Survey (USGS), the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER) is coordinating a major new initiative to develop Next Generation Attenuation Models for the Central & Eastern North-America (NGA-East). This work follows the successful Next Generation Attenuation Project, which developed a new set of widely-used ground motion prediction equations for the western US. The NGA-East project is currently in an initial development phase, with the full project expected to kick-off in fall of 2008. The purpose of the development phase of the NGA-East project is to define the details, scope, schedule, budget, and funding sources for the complete NGA-East project. A key goal of this development phase is also to get feedback from the community of earthquake science and engineering on the NGA-East program.
To reach this key goal of the NGA-East project development phase, we would like to invite you to participate a one-day workshop to be held on May 13, 2008 at the University of California, Berkeley.
In this workshop the current status and recent developments in ground motion prediction equations for the Central & Eastern North-America will be reviewed, a tentative plan for the NGA-East will be overviewed, and feedback and comments from the community will be obtained.
We would appreciate it if you would let us know of your availability to participate the NGA-East planning workshop. This is a public workshop and free of charge to attend; however, for logistical purposes, please RSVP before Monday April 21, by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
Please also forward this email to colleagues who may be interested in attending the workshop. We will send you a separate email regarding the location of the conference room, etc.
Thank you in advance for your participation, and looking forward to hearing from you.
Agenda – (PDF file – 16 KB)
List of Participants – (PDF file – 11 MB)
- Introduction – Yousef Bozorgnia – (PDF file – 1.6 MB)
- NRC Perspective on NGA-East Project – Annie Kammerer – (PDF file – 740 KB)
- NGA-East National Seismic Hazard Mapping Perspective – Mark Petersen – (PDF file – 8.6 MB)
- Need for NGA-East: EPRI CENA Ground Motion Report, Summary and Issues – Norm Abrahamson – (PDF file – 15.3 MB)
- Need For NGA East: Issues Related to Ground Motion Database for CENA – Chris Cramer – (PDF file – 2.5 MB)
- Ground Motion in SE Canada and the Central U.S. with Emphasis on Recent Earthquakes of 2008 – Bob Herrmann – (PDF file – 3 MB)
- Recent Developments in Strong Motion Simulations for CENA – Paul Somerville and Robert Graves – (PDF file – 7.5 MB)
- Ground Motion Prediction Equations for Eastern North America – Gail Atkinson – (PDF file – 4.3 MB)
- Campbell Hybrid-Empirical Ground Motion Model for Eastern North America – Ken Campbell – (PDF file – 1.3 MB)
- NGA-East Tentative Plan – Yousef Bozorgnia – (PDF file – 1.5 MB)
- What are the ground motions to be expected from eastern (intraplate) earthquakes?What are the ground motions to be expected from eastern (intraplate) earthquakes? – John Adams – (PDF file – 52 KB)
- Southeastern Australian Ground Motion Data – Trevor Allen – (PDF file – 1.9 MB)
Back to Events page.