NGA-West2 GMPEs Excel file
The 5 NGA-West2 horizontal ground motion prediction equations (GMPEs) posted below were developed as a part of the multiyear NGA-West2 research program.
- Five NGA-West2 horizontal GMPEs (compressed .zip file, 487 KB) Updated on July 5, 2014. The included Excel file will be updated as necessary to fix any typos or other errors. Please check this website frequently for new versions.
NGA-West2 Database Flatfile
The NGA-West2 database “flatfiles” used in various research components of NGA-West2 are posted below.
- NGA-West2 Flatfile of 5% damped spectra of vertical ground motion (.zip file, 48 MB)
- NGA-West2 Flatfile (compressed .zip file, 527 MB)
- NGA-West2 supporting data for flatfile (compressed .zip file, 2.8 MB) This .zip file contains information and supporting data used for creation of the NGA-West2 Flatfile. See the included “ReadMe” file and PEER Report 2013/03 “PEER NGA-West2 Database” by Ancheta, et al.
Processed Ground Motions Recorded in Arizona (March 6, 2014)
- Arizona 5% damping Flatfile and acceleration, velocity, displacement time series (compressed .zip file, 78 MB)
Processed Fukushima Ground Motions Recorded in Japan (March 10, 2014)
- Updated Fukushima 5% damping Flatfile (compressed .zip file, 1.3 MB)
- Fukushima 5% damping Flatfile and acceleration, velocity, displacement time series – Part 1 (compressed .zip file, 250 MB)
- Fukushima velocity, displacement time series – Part 2 (compressed .zip file, 264 MB)
Online Interactive Database
- Latest PEER Ground Motion Database – This online, interactive database is a growing repository of ground motions recorded in worldwide shallow crustal earthquakes in active tectonic regimes. It provides tools for searching, selecting and downloading ground motion data. The NGA-West2 time series have been added to the PEER online ground motion database at http://ngawest2.berkeley.edu.
Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
The PEER NGA-West2 strong-motion databases, the associated flatfiles, reports, and products are subject to future revisions as a result of the review process, as new information is obtained, or as new interpretations are made.
The PEER NGA-West2 databases, flatfiles, and reports are released in their current version “as is.” The PEER Center, University of California, Berkeley, funding and sponsoring agencies for the PEER ground motion project, and all organizations and individuals who contributed to the compilation, processing, and review of the databases and flatfiles are not responsible for any inaccuracy or incompleteness of the data, records, parameters, and documentation. The user of the databases, flatfiles, models, and reports assumes the entire responsibility of using them.
The PEER ground motion databases and associated works (“Works”) are Copyrighted © 2013, The Regents of the University of California (Regents). All Rights Reserved.
The users of the NGA-West2 databases, flatfiles, models and reports are requested to acknowledge the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER) in their work and publications.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, OR ITS SUB-AWARDEES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE WORKS, EVEN IF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, OR SUB-AWARDEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, AND SUB-AWARDEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, SUB-AWARDEES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WORKS DO NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PROPRIETARY, OR CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. THE WORKS PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, AND SUB-AWARDEES HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.
Archived Online Databases
- Archived 2005 PEER Strong Ground Motion Database – This version of the database was used to develop the 2008 NGA West Models.
- Archived PEER Strong Motion Database from 2000
- Engineering Geological Database for Taiwan Strong Motion Instrumentation Program – Shear-wave velocity profiles from this database was used to derive Vs30 of the Taiwan strong motion stations that recorded the 1999 ChiChi mainshock and its aftershocks.