PEER’s NGA-West2 Project is reaching its conclusion on various tasks and the first of its final products are now available! These products include many published reports describing the newly updated ground motion prediction equations (GMPEs) and other research studies supporting GMPE development, along with the NGA-West2 Database Flatfile (visit Database page).
- NGA-West2 Earthquake Spectra Pre-print Papers
- Available on EERI website
- PEER 2013/03 – PEER NGA-West2 Database
- Timothy D. Ancheta, Robert B. Darragh, Jonathan P. Stewart, Emel Seyhan, Walter J. Silva, Brian S.J. Chiou, Katie E. Wooddell, Robert W. Graves, Albert R. Kottke, David M. Boore, Tadahiro Kishida, and Jennifer L. Donahue – Report (6 MB)
- PEER 2013/04 – Update of the AS08 Ground-Motion Prediction Equations Based on the NGA-West2 Data Set
- Norman A. Abrahamson, Walter J. Silva, and Ronnie Kamai – Report (29 MB)
- PEER 2013/05 – NGA-West2 Equations for Predicting Response Spectral Accelerations for Shallow Crustal Earthquakes
- David M. Boore, Jonathan P. Stewart, Emel Seyhan, and Gail M. Atkinson – Report (17 MB)
- PEER 2013/06 – NGA-West2 Campbell-Bozorgnia Ground Motion Model for the Horizontal Components of PGA, PGV, and 5%-Damped Elastic Pseudo-Acceleration Response Spectra for Periods Ranging from 0.01 to 10 sec
- Kenneth W. Campbell and Yousef Bozorgnia – Report (13 MB)
– Appendix A (0.3 MB, excel file)
– Appendix B (0.3 MB, excel file)
- PEER 2013/07 – Update of the Chiou and Youngs NGA Ground Motion Model for Average Horizontal Component of Peak Ground Motion and Response Spectra
- Brian S.J. Chiou and Robert R. Youngs – Report (10 MB)
- PEER 2013/08 – NGA-West2 Model for Estimating Average Horizontal Values of Pseudo-Absolute Spectral Accelerations Generated by Crustal Earthquakes
- I. M. Idriss – Report (3 MB)
- PEER 2013/09 – Final Report of the NGA-West2 Directivity Working Group
- Paul Spudich, Jeffrey R. Bayless, Jack W. Baker, Brian S.J. Chiou, Badie Rowshandel, Shrey K. Shahi, and Paul Somerville – Report (22 MB)
- PEER 2013/10 – NGA-West2 Models for Ground-Motion Directionality
- Shrey K. Shahi and Jack W. Baker – Report (3 MB)
- PEER 2013/11 – Epistemic Uncertainty for NGA-West2 Models
- Linda Al Atik and Robert R. Youngs – Report (16 MB)
- PEER 2013/12 – Nonlinear Horizontal Site Response for the NGA-West2 Project
- Ronnie Kamai, Norman A. Abrahamson, Walter J. Silva – Report (8 MB)
– Appendix B (0.1 MB, csv file)
– Appendix C (24 MB, csv file)
– Appendix D (8 MB, csv file)
- PEER 2013/13 – Semi-Empirical Nonlinear Site Amplification and its Application in NEHRP Site Factors
- Jonathan P. Stewart and Emel Seyhan – Report (3.9 MB)
- PEER 2013/14 – Hanging-Wall Scaling using Finite-Fault Simulations
- Jennifer L. Donahue and Norman A. Abrahamson –Report (7 MB)
– Appendix A (1.1 MB, pdf file)
– Appendix B (543 KB, pdf file)
– Appendix C (21 MB, pdf file)
– Appendix D (2.2 MB, pdf file)
– Appendix E (528 KB, pdf file)
– Appendix F (1.1 MB, pdf file)
- PEER 2012/01 – Spectral Damping Scaling Factors for Shallow Crustal Earthquakes in Active Tectonic Regions
- Sanaz Rezaeian, Yousef Bozorgnia, I.M. Idriss, Kenneth Campbell, Norman Abrahamson and Walter Silva – Report (8.7 MB)
NGA-West2 Database Flatfile
Download the Flatfile at the Database page.
The task for vertical ground motion is still underway and will be completed in late summer 2013.
PEER and EERI are currently planning a traveling seminar series for Fall 2013 that will describe the NGA-West2 findings, discuss the implementation of the new GMPEs and other research outcomes, and summarize the impacts on the earthquake engineering community. These seminars will be held in Southern California, Northern California, Seattle, and Utah. More details will be sent as these events approach!
Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
The PEER NGA-West2 strong-motion databases, the associated flatfiles, reports, and products are subject to future revisions as a result of the review process, as new information is obtained, or as new interpretations are made.
The PEER NGA-West2 databases, flatfiles, and reports are released in their current version “as is.” The PEER Center, University of California, Berkeley, funding and sponsoring agencies for the PEER ground motion project, and all organizations and individuals who contributed to the compilation, processing, and review of the databases and flatfiles are not responsible for any inaccuracy or incompleteness of the data, records, parameters, and documentation. The user of the databases, flatfiles, models, and reports assumes the entire responsibility of using them.
The PEER ground motion databases and associated works (“Works”) are Copyrighted © 2013, The Regents of the University of California (Regents). All Rights Reserved.
The users of the NGA-West2 databases, flatfiles, models and reports are requested to acknowledge the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER) in their work and publications.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, OR ITS SUB-AWARDEES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE WORKS, EVEN IF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, OR SUB-AWARDEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, AND SUB-AWARDEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, SUB-AWARDEES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WORKS DO NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PROPRIETARY, OR CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. THE WORKS PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, THE PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH CENTER, AND SUB-AWARDEES HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.