- Michael Scott, Associate Professor, Oregon State University (PI)
- Harry Yeh, Professor, Oregon State University
- Luke Cressman, Graduate Student Research Assistant, Oregon State University
The fluid-structure interaction (FSI) capabilities of OpenSees are the focus of this project with three objectives:
- Compare OpenSees FSI simulations of bridge response to tsunami loads with data from previous FSI simulations that were obtained using commercial software.
- Validate OpenSees FSI simulations against experimental wave flume data for tsunami-induced bridge forces.
- Organize a US-Japan collaborative workshop aimed at validating numerical models for tsunami effects on bridges.