The 22nd International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (SMiRT-22) has just released its call for papers. The conference will be held on August 18 – 23, 2013 in San Francisco.
The events at Fukushima Daiichi have triggered a mandate for an assessment of safety and reliability for all nuclear power plants. Plant safety and reliability assessment for beyond design events both in USA and Europe is now required in the next 3 to 5 years which will include all operating plants as well as the plants under licensing, design and construction. The key input for such evaluations is the seismic hazard and associated risk assessment. Consequently, SMiRT-22 has adopted the theme of Safety and Reliability as the focal point for the technical program.
Papers are solicited in the following conference topics:
- – Mechanics of Materials
- – Fracture Mechanics and Structural Integrity
- – Applied Computation, Simulation and Animation
- – Characterization of Loads
- – Modeling, Testing and Response Analysis of Structures, Systems and Components
- – Design and Construction Issues
- – Safety, Reliability, Risk and Margins
- – Issues related to Operations, Inspection and Maintenance
- – Fuel Cycle Facilities, Waste Management and Decommissioning
- – Challenges of New Reactors
The abstract submission deadline is September 17, 2012.
SMiRT-22 is being organized and hosted by the following organizations:
- – International Association for Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (IASMiRT)
- – American Association for Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (AASMiRT)
- – Bechtel Power Corporation