Visit the new Service to Industry web page for updated information about the PEER-UC Berkeley lab’s partnership with private industry to provide shaking table testing of critical equipment to ensure compliance with seismic regulations.
The PEER-UC Berkeley lab at the Richmond Field Station partners with private industry and performs shaking table testing of critical equipment— e.g., emergency power generators, air handlers, electrical switchgear—under varying earthquake excitations. The shaking table testing is performed to ensure compliance with seismic regulations and to confirm the effectiveness of seismic retrofit strategies with the goal of reducing damage and injury in the event of an earthquake.
PEER-UC Berkeley Lab Accreditation and Testing
• The PEER-UC Berkeley Lab is accredited by IAS (TL450), to perform both AC-156 and IEEE-693 test protocols utilizing the 6-degree of freedom Shaking Table.
• PEER-UC Berkeley lab was assessed by the International Accreditation Services (IAS) and granted expansion of PEER Labs’ accreditation to include three additional tests:
- Panel testing in accordance with ASTM E2126-11;
- Beam-column testing in accordance with ANSI/AISC 341-10, Chapter K; and
- Steel frame testing in accordance with ANSI/AISC 341-10, Chapter K
Read more about PEER-UC Berkeley lab’s seismic testing, watch a seismic testing video, or download a Service to Industry brochure at the PEER Service to Industry web page.