The shaking table at the PEER-UC Berkeley laboratory in Richmond, California, is featured in the July 2015 issue of STRUCTURE magazine, issued by the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations.
“Pioneering Shaking Table Continues to be Innovative” describes testing performed and its impact on structural engineering, as well as enhancements that continue to provide advancements to the earthquake engineering research and practicing community. The article covers the following topics:
- Largest in the United States
- Testing and its impact on structural engineering
- Seismic qualifications and other testing capabilities
- Advanced computational enhancements – Hybrid Testing
- Hybrid testing overcomes size limitations of test specimens