A briefing on the Eastern Japan earthquake, aftershocks, and tsunami of March 11, 2011, was jointly organized by the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER), Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaissance (GEER), and EERI’s Learning from Earthquakes Program.
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2011
Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am Pacific Time
Location: Auditorium in Room 310, Sutardja Dai Hall (CITRIS Building), UC Berkeley.
The videos of the presentations shown below, are also archived on PEER’s YouTube Account.
Download the short interim report (pdf file – 1.0 MB) of the observations by PEER/EERI/GEER/Tsunami Field Investigation Team related to the Eastern Japan Pacific Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami.
- – Stephen Mahin of the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center: Welcome and Global Issues, Download Presentation (PDF file – 16.6 MB)
- – Jon Stewartof UCLA: Geotechnical Issues & Ground Motion, Download Presentation (PDF file – 6.7 MB)
- – Harry Yeh of OSU: Tsunami, Download Presentation (PDF file – 3.1 MB)
- – Greg Deierlein of Stanford: Structures, Download Presentation (PDF file – 6.6 MB)
- – Charles Scawthorn of the PEER Center: Lifelines, Download Presentation (PDF file – 3.8 MB)
- – Carlos Cabrera of RMS: Industrial Facilities & Business Interruption,
Download Presentation (PDF file – 2.3 MB)
- – Q&A Session
This seminar was hosted by: