Announcement of Winning Participants
Congratulations to the winners in the following categories!
OVERALL WINNER: Lawrence Burkett - Maffei Structural Engineering, San Francisco, California, is awarded the overall winner of this blind prediction competition considering the overall accuracy of estimates for both Phase 1 and Phase 2.
OVERALL HONORABLE MENTIONS
- Adam Lubell - project engineer at Read Jones Christoffersen LTD in Vancouver, Canada, and an Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia, receives an honorable mention for having a composite relative accuracy of < 15%.
- Luis Fargier - Massman-Bavers Associate Professor of the Practice of Heavy Civil Engineering at the University of Notre Dame and his team (Christian Dennis, Emad Al-Shurman, Joseph Klatt, Oluwanifemi) also receive an honorable mention for also having a composite relative accuracy of < 15%.
PHASE 1 WINNER: Lawrence Burkett - Maffei Structural Engineering, San Francisco, California.
PHASE 2 WINNER: Dmitriy Roik - practicing engineer at the firm Industrial Design Solutions in Russia.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR STUDENTS
- Yongquan Li - PhD Student, Zhejiang University in China, for their Phase 1 prediction.
- Junyan Xiao - PhD Student, University of Toronto in Canada, for their Phase 1 prediction.
- Amirali Bahnamiri - PhD Student, University of Waterloo, for their Phase 2 prediction.
Read the summary document for more details about test results, winners' models, as well as the global range of practitioners, researchers, and students who participated. Many thanks to everyone for participating!