PEER Report – Process
The process of publishing PEER Reports has undergone a streamlining process which is summarized below. The latest template, formatting requirements, and other guidelines can be found at https://peer.berkeley.edu/tools-funded-peer-researchers. If you have any questions about the templates or process please email PEER at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Effective November 2021)
- Author’s Submittal to the PEER reports portal [https://apps.peer.berkeley.edu/peer_reports/],
Author to include the attachments listed below:
- PEER will conduct a quick review per “Checklist for Authors” items.
- PEER to Author
- PEER sends the annotated “Checklist for Authors” sheet to author. There will be no markups on documents.
- PEER requests that the author re-submits the “Checklist for Authors” sheet with confirmation of edits, and author resubmits the edited files and PDFs in camera-ready form. (Note that PEER will assign a report number, date, DOI, and create a report cover after the author’s resubmittal.)
- PEER will review files to confirm that edits were made and determine if a resubmittal is required (item 3).
- PEER will complete production of the report
- Assign report number, date, DOI, and create cover.
- Publish and disseminate the Report and Research Nugget via PEER website, electronic newsletter, and other media as appropriate.