The conference rooms will be equipped with a laptop that has Microsoft PowerPoint installed and a projector. All presenters are expected to bring their presentation on a portable USB drive and give it to the session moderator 30 minutes prior to their session so that it can be loaded onto presentation laptop.
Emerging researchers and students are encouraged to apply to participate in the poster session – refer to application details on the Registration site. All accepted posters will be displayed during the PEER poster session on the evening of Thursday, January 17.
Application deadline is Friday, November 30, 2018, 5pm, PST.
Acceptance notifications will be issued by December 6, 2018.
Acknowledgement of acceptance will be requested by December 14, 2018.
The following templates should be used by PEER-Funded students:
Download the Poster Template for PEER-Funded Research Projects (PowerPoint file – 2.5 MB)
Poster presenters should bring their own pre-printed poster to the meeting. The posters will be displayed on easels with foam-core boards upon which presenters can clip or pin their posters. Pushpins and clips will be available at the meeting. The foam core board backing will be 30″ wide X 40″ tall (75 cm X 100 cm) so posters should not exceed these dimensions. Using those dimensions as a guideline, posters should be organized as follows:
(1) Header – Include all of the following information on the poster header:
- Project Title
- PEER program for which research was completed.
- Names and affiliations of all project principal investigators
- Names and affiliation of all student investigators
- Names of additional funding agencies as appropriate
- Laboratory name, university where the research was conducted
(2) PEER Footer:
- Insert the 30″ x 4″ footer into the bottom of your poster (the footer image is already inserted into the poster template above)
- Download the footer graphic (JPEG – 2.4MB)
(3) Other Requirements:
- There will not be room for supplemental display devices such as computers or projectors, so please plan your poster accordingly. Poster presenters are welcome to provide handouts or business cards to visitors, however there will not be tables for you to place them, so plan on passing them by hand to interested visitors during the poster session.
- Posters can be printed in color, but it is not required. However, all posters must be two-dimensional, with no “pop-outs”, three-dimensional elements, or electronic construction.
- Use only one side of the poster and do not extend any portion of the design or display beyond the 30″ x 40″ board.
- Please do not frame or set in glass or plastic.
- The main body of the poster should include at least an Introduction and Conclusions. Possible sections between the Introduction and Conclusions include Background, Methods, Results, etc.
- Graphics are always preferred to lengthy text. On the other hand, some brief text, readable from a distance, can be useful to describe the graphics.
- For some ideas on poster design and layout, visit: